KARACHI: Imran Khan’s wish of holding a massive rally at Quaid’s mausoleum, is likely to go unfulfilled. On Saturday, PTI decided to call off the May 1 rally in Karachi, citing security concerns.
At the PTI’s election office in DHA, Imran Ismail from the media centre said that the decision had been taken after the recent bomb blasts that targeted the MQM and ANP.
“We can’t risk the lives of our people. Our activists would have had come to the rally at all costs, but we can’t risk their lives,” said Ismail, showing the plan they had made for the rally.
Ismail said that the spate of deadly blasts had made them reconsider the rally that had been planned for Wednesday.
Published in The Express Tribune, April 28th, 2013.
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ