Suspicion: Police stop funeral procession, send body for autopsy
The family of the deceased says that one of the robbers had strangled him.

Civil Lines police on Sunday stopped a funeral procession to send the body for an autopsy.
The family of the deceased man said he was killed by some robbers who broke into their house in the middle of the night. Police are suspecting that the family was concealing the facts. Superintendent of Police Khurram Shoaib said that Faizullah, a resident of Billa Chowk in Satellite Town, was reportedly killed by one of the men who had forcibly entered his house two days ago. The family said that one of the robbers had strangled him. They (family) had not filed a complaint and said they did not want a post-mortem examination.
SP Shoaib said the police had been asking questions and suspected that the family were hiding something. He said a police team had stopped the burial and sent the body for a post-mortem examination. He said the body had several bruises around the neck.
Published in The Express Tribune, April 22nd, 2013.


















COMMENTS
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ