Short circuit: Fire in Lady Reading Hospital injures employee

Medical Superintendent of LRH says tha the fire erupted because of a short circuit.


Our Correspondent March 05, 2013
Patients remained unhurt and were shifted to other wards as firefighters struggled for over half an hour before they hosed the flames down. PHOTO: FILE

PESHAWAR:


A labour room in Gynecology Ward A of the Lady Reading Hospital (LRH) caught fire, injuring a midwife.


Patients remained unhurt and were shifted to other wards as firefighters struggled for over half an hour before they hosed the flames down.

The midwife was identified as Chaman Bibi, and her condition was said to be stable.

Medical Superintendent of LRH, Dr Muhammad Iqbal Afridi said the fire erupted because of a short circuit.

An inquiry committee for enquires has been constituted which will be under the supervision of Deputy Medical Superintendent Dr Jahangir Khan. Senior registrar Dr Minhaj Raeesa and Dr Irshad will be also be part of the committee.

The medical superintendent added the results of the enquiry will be submitted within three days after which action would be taken against those found guilty of negligence.

LRH is the largest hospital in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa.

Published in The Express Tribune, March 5th, 2013.

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ

E-Publications

Most Read