Carelessness: Two die of burns, another two injured

Mian Khan was burned when his clothes caught fire while he was warming himself close to a stove.


Our Correspondent December 17, 2012

FAISALABAD: Two people died and two were injured in fires here on Monday. The injured were taken to various hospitals, where they were reported to be out of danger. Rescue officials said Bashir Ahmed, his wife, Sajida, and a relative, Khalid, were sitting around a stove in their house in Hamza Town when the quilt Ahmed was covered in caught fire. It soon spread across the kitchen. Ahmed was burned to death, while Sajida and Khalid were severely injured. They were taken to a hospital, where doctors treating them said they would likely survive. Elsewhere, Mian Khan, a resident of Chak 596-JB, was burned when his clothes caught fire while he was warming himself close to a stove. He was taken to Allied Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

Published in The Express Tribune, December 18th, 2012.

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ

Most Read