A young boy accused of raping a nine-year old-girl in Sadiqabad was released on bail before Eid on Friday on the orders of a judge for being underage.
The father of the girl said that his daughter was raped on October 24.
“She was alone in our house in Awami Colony when our neighbour’s son entered the house and raped her,” he said.
He said neighbours gathered around the house upon hearing his daughters screams after the boy fled. She was taken to the Sadiqabad DHQ Hospital where doctors confirmed she had been raped. They did not admit her to the hospital.
He said that the boy was 15, but the police and the boy’s family claimed he was 10 years old.
The boy was arrested on Thursday and sent to jail on a 14-day physical remand.
Sadiqbaad City Police SHO Abbas Akhtar said told The Express Tribune that the boy was arrested after doctors confirmed the rape. He said the boy had confessed to committing the act.
Later, District and Session Judge Mian Muhammad Ilyas ordered the boy be freed after a visit to the district jail on Friday for being under age.
ASI Muhammad Latif said police would submit the challan at the next hearing. He said police believed that the boy was around 10 years of age. The boy’s father said the girl had been raped by someone else and his son was being falsely accused. He said his son was 10.
Published in The Express Tribune, October 31st, 2012.