Reshuffle: Sayeeda Warsi loses job as co-chair of Conservative Party

Published: September 4, 2012
Warsi had requested British PM Cameron to let her maintain her post. PHOTO: ONLINE/FILE

In his first government reshuffle that began Monday night, British Prime Minister David Cameron removed Baroness Sayeeda Warsi as the co-chairperson of the Conservative Party, Daily Telegraph reported Tuesday.

After her removal from the post, Warsi announced that she was stepping down in a message posted on the official account of co-Chairman of the Conservative Party:

It’s been a privilege and an honour to serve my party as co-chairman, signing off @ToryChairman , signing on @sayeedawarsi

Earlier, she had appealed to Cameron to let her maintain her post in order to win seats in the North. Warsi told Daily Telegraph: “I’m a woman, I’m not white, I’m from an urban area, I’m from the North, I’m working class – I kind of fit the bill. All the groups that we’re aiming for are groups that I’m familiar with.”

The British Prime Minister will continue shuffling ministerial jobs today.

• Awans
    Sep 4, 2012 - 1:58PM

Well she was involved in Financial misappropriation and many people in UK were asking for her resignation.

• Shamy
    Sep 4, 2012 - 2:02PM

Good riddance…she was defaming Pakistan even more.

• aakash
    Sep 4, 2012 - 3:12PM

@Shamy:
    defaming Pakistan????? ohh really.
    joke of the year.

• Nadia
    Sep 4, 2012 - 4:53PM

Shame on you warsi…Recommend

• Sep 4, 2012 - 6:13PM

@shamy:
    how can you plz explain

• Iqbal
    Sep 4, 2012 - 6:39PM

Lets hope she does not end up in the long list of Muslims in UK who are unemployable. If she does then the future is bleak. (see: http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2002/feb/20/race.immigrationpolicy)

• M Hasan
    Sep 4, 2012 - 7:08PM

I remember the article about her coming out and admitting what was going on related to the sex scandal in UK. Well………..So much for “being brave, taking the lead and admitting what is wrong with Pakistani community in UK” ! I guess you should have “done more” Warsi!

• Sep 4, 2012 - 7:12PM

Syeda was a great Human and worked with good honor. The Disrespect from few people here on the comments is absurd and i hope this is from India. As they are always using Pak names and Defaming Pak people in public Arenas..
    Syeda was good as good with Pakistan as she is from her home country.
    Even Pak was not her home country . So she Deserve a Great respect in Pakistan.

• Muhammad Hassan
    Sep 4, 2012 - 8:43PM

What are you talking about Smair? She was involved in corruption and was rightly dismissed. In fact, I’m shocked that PM Cameron did not do this sooner. Recommend

More in World