Two female students fell unconscious due to suffocation after fire broke out in Punjab College of Commerce here on Thursday, Rescue 1122 said.
The girls were moved to Holy Family Hospital for medical treatment, where they were identified as Maryam, 19, and Fiza, 18. The doctors said both girls are in stable condition. Rescue officials said the fire started on the second floor due to a short circuit. The girls were trapped on the floor and fell unconscious after inhaling smoke. The police said nobody had reported the incident to them.
Published in The Express Tribune, August 10th, 2012.
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ