HARIPUR: A woman and her three minor children died in a gas cylinder explosion here on Monday evening. Police quoted family sources as saying that Rehana Bibi, wife of a rickshaw driver Gul Zeb, had returned from a marriage ceremony and lit a match to light a candle during loadshedding hours, which caused the leaking gas cylinder in her kitchen to catch fire and explode. Bibi, along with her three sons, Atif, 4, Ehtesham, 6, and Arsalan, 9, received severe burns and were taken to Woman and Children Hospital Haripur. They were later referred to Ayub Medical Complex Abbottabad but all of them died of their injuries.
Published in The Express Tribune, July 18th, 2012.