Power outage: Two die of suffocation

They suffocated due to the gas and smoke being emitted by the diesel-run generator


Our Correspondent June 28, 2012

MANSEHRA: Two persons died of suffocation during loadshedding hours in Kaghan valley on Tuesday. They suffocated due to the gas and smoke being emitted by the diesel-run generator, said police and hospital sources. According to Kaghan Police, Arif Shah the owner of Usmania Hotel and one of his waiters Mushtaq Ahmed went to sleep after putting the generator in their room on during loadshedding hours. Since the power supply remained suspended for many hours, the generator produced smoke and a poisonous gas, which suffocated both of them to death. When other employees broke into the room the next morning, they found both the men dead. The hospital sources and police confirmed that the death was cause of filling of gas in the room.

Published In The Express Tribune, June 28th, 2012.

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ

E-Publications

Most Read