YouTube video of the day: Why would you like to come to Pakistan?

Published: June 20, 2012

What would be a good reason to bring a foreigner to Pakistan – to whom it is only a dot on the map?

A video by Mrks Media and Mujahid Group, titled “Pakistan – a place to be” shows ‘goras‘ expressing why they would like to come to Pakistan.

Usually under the limelight amid bad press, many foreigners fear entering the borders of Pakistan, however this video gives hope that Pakistan can have a thriving tourism industry due to its specialties.

Food dominated all the many reasons given by them while others included culture, fashion, friends, scenic sites, folk dances, lassi and sheesha.

The screen flashes with faces of people from different countries with diverse accents enthusiastically stating how they would love to come to Pakistan.

The video concludes with all of them shouting “Pakistan zindabad”.

Video rating: Two thumbs up for bringing hope and positivity to Pakistan.

Do you have a YouTube video you wish to have reviewed by The Express Tribune? Submit your url with a brief description to web@tribune.com.pk. Only local content will be considered for review.

• Jun 20, 2012 - 4:47PM

I’m a Pakistani and this made me really happy. Pakistan Zindabad!

• Jameel Irshad
    Jun 20, 2012 - 5:04PM

Good video. What about the hundreds and thousand’s who want to leave Pakistan. No amount of feel good videos will change their minds. I assume as one point they will run out of patriotism because they are not able to survive in Pakistan and will leave. Not being cynical here but this is a very predictable historical trend and a major reason for the collapse of the country.

• Hussein Ansari
    Jun 20, 2012 - 5:05PM

Pakistan Zindabad! Is the song in the background Pakistani?

• Sky
    Jun 20, 2012 - 5:05PM

Hahaha. Beautiful video beautiful people.

• Ajamal
    Jun 20, 2012 - 5:24PM

@Jameel Irshad. People want to leave Pakistan due to their frusturation with current situation while 20 years back it a matter of option.

• Israr
    Jun 20, 2012 - 5:30PM

Great video!!! I am sure most of them were told what to say but still it felt good.

• kalia
    Jun 20, 2012 - 5:45PM

i like that……

• Rajendra Kalkhande
    Jun 20, 2012 - 5:56PM

No doubts, Pakistan has wonderful places to visit. Even I will love to visit Pakistan. I will love to walk through the streets of Lahore & Peshawar. I will drive through as much Pakistan as possible. Let us hope VISA regime between India and Pakistan gets simplified and tourists get priory.

• Sajid Mahmood Awan
    Jun 20, 2012 - 6:18PM

NOTHING but Pakistan.

Pakistan Zindabad – Pakistan Paaindabad

• Jun 20, 2012 - 6:29PM

Great.. he must visit Lyari too :)

• Bilal
    Jun 20, 2012 - 6:44PM

Every place is good to visit, living in pakistan is a different story, why doesnt someone ask those same people if they would like to live in pakistan? yeah. i rest my case.Recommend

• Truth From Pakistan
    Jun 20, 2012 - 7:24PM

Very heart warming ! This was the best thing I saw on ET today. Thank you Ms. Khan !

• imposter
    Jun 20, 2012 - 7:29PM

These people are coached!

• Binte
    Jun 20, 2012 - 7:32PM

cute video! I sincerely wish and pray Pakistan Zindabad!

• Haris Javed
    Jun 20, 2012 - 8:17PM

waaow! Goras saying Pakistan Zindabad added new blood in me :)

• bharat
    Jun 20, 2012 - 8:24PM

Pakistan has much to offer to the world .

However, the media only shows negative.

Pakistan is a land of great history, architecture, food and people

• JimBob
    Jun 20, 2012 - 9:03PM

I’ve actually been to Pakistan and had a great time. Lahore & Karachi, actually. The people were my favorite part of the trip, while at the time I said it was the food. I wish I’d said it was the people at the time.

I sense a naive willing to believe in the people in this video.Recommend

• Dark Knight
    Jun 20, 2012 - 10:42PM

Paid actors

• Ali Ahsan
    Jun 20, 2012 - 10:44PM

Good to see an Israeli in the video also wanting to visit Pakistan and saying Pakistan Zindabad in the end. Wonder if one of us can reciprocate the feelings?

• TightChuddhi
    Jun 20, 2012 - 11:40PM

Can someone point to me which places to visit? Other than places which dont have power cuts and terrorist violence, please.

• Hamza Haj Khan
    Jun 21, 2012 - 12:33AM

Nice video. Please come over so that you can all boil here to the extreme hot temperature and no electricity.

• Pungi
    Jun 21, 2012 - 12:51AM

Well Certainly Pakistan is not less than heaven on earth… Only problem is the leadership which needs to promote tourism in Pakistan and initiate peace… We certainly feel proud to welcome all those who love Pakistan… & the best thing you will witness in Pakistan would be our hospitality.. :)

• Dark Knight
    Jun 21, 2012 - 3:37AM

I am surprised there is another Dark Knight here…..oh well, he has his or her opinion.
    I am an Indian married to Pakistani and while this marriage is inter-racial as some may call I have always enjoyed being with my Pakistani in-laws and so has my wife with her in-laws. I wish there is more cultural and personal exchanges between people of India and Pakistan besides the verbal exchanges full of hatred online and on media.
    Seriously we have lot more in common then some of us would like to preach. To realize that we need to meet, face to face, lets celebrate our traditions and festivals with zeal together an dam sure boundary would hold no meaning between India, & Pakistan.
    Long live people of India and Pakistan.

• Pungi
    Jun 21, 2012 - 3:42AM

@Hamza Haj Khan… We Pakistanis are very hospitable… we will provide them with generators and ACs so don’t u bother about that…Moreover its not that hot everywhere in Pakistan… Northern Pakistan is much cooler with scenic beauty, Infact I have turned my fan off because I was feeling cold here in Balochistan :)

• Basim Ali Ja`fari
    Jun 21, 2012 - 4:54AM

@Jameel Irshad: Who is stopping them? :P

• Jun 21, 2012 - 12:07PM

Thank you Express Tribune for sharing this video. I am studying in Canada and my friend whom I made this video with is studying in Italy, and the main reason why we made this was because our friends really want to visit Pakistan even after knowing all the issues and problems we have. Please appreciate the small things that might make a difference in gaining our true identity back. Even though we are away from Pakistan, Pakistan is within us and will always be.

• Jun 21, 2012 - 12:10PM

Some people might argue that we used Indian music in the background. Even though it was unintentional, I don’t see how it makes a difference, as at the end we share the same culture, people and are humans before any sect, religion or country!

• zahra.mohammed