I’m not stripping for any film: Veena

Published: March 5, 2012
Veena Malik will be playing the role of a sex worker in her upcoming Bollywood film. PHOTO: FILE

Lollywood actor Veena Malik, who shot to fame with reality show “Bigg Boss”, refutes rumours that she is going nude for Rajeev Ruia’s Zindagi 50:50, reports Times of India.

Earlier, reports suggested that Veena, Pakistan’s controversy queen, may be taking her being-in-the-buff image a step further in Zindagi 50:50 by going nude for some scenes in the film. However, when approached, Veena dismissed the speculation, saying, “I’m not stripping for any film. I have never gone nude nor does the film have any such scenes. There are a few bold scenes, but they are aesthetically shot.”

The actor, who is playing a sex worker in the film, further adds, “When Rajeev approached me with the role, he wasn’t very confident about whether I would be able to pull it off. I prefer playing a bad girl rather than a cute, bubbly one. My ideal role has to be negative, strong and performance-driven,” reports Hindustan Times.

Veena recently grabbed headlines for copying Angelina Jolie’s now famous Oscar pose on the runway. But she denies doing it deliberately, “Nothing was actually planned. When I wore the gown, my legs were sticking out and that was the only way I could have posed. If you see the picture, I have no fancy hairdo either.”

Meanwhile, the actor, who was in the eye of the storm when she posed for a magazine with an ISI tattoo on her arm, retorts; “When I spoke about Pakistani cricketer Mohammad Asif, they called me a cricket bookie; now they are calling me an ISI agent. I am not a spy, I am an actor,” Times of India quoted Veena as saying.

Veena is all set to do an item number in Zindagi 50:50 along with Riya Sen, who was dating Veena’s ex-beau, Ashmit Patel.

Published in The Express Tribune, March 6th, 2012.

• 3footninja
    Mar 5, 2012 - 8:42PM

as if anyone cares….

• ayesha azeem
    Mar 5, 2012 - 8:47PM

Do we Care????

• Afghan Karachiti
    Mar 5, 2012 - 8:49PM

Nobody cares anymore even if you strip. You showed us what you got.Recommend

• Shakky
    Mar 5, 2012 - 9:19PM

She reminds me of Rakhi Sawant. A legend in her own mind. Both of them resort to increasingly embarrassing antics just to stay in the public eye.

• dv sikka
    Mar 5, 2012 - 9:29PM

She is the real face of Pakistani women of today.

• ishaq
    Mar 5, 2012 - 9:38PM

@dv sikka , WELL SAID

• Armita
    Mar 5, 2012 - 9:42PM

@dv sikka: Excuse me? Care to elaborate on the statement you so boldly stated?

• King Kong
    Mar 5, 2012 - 9:47PM

@dv sikka: She is as much the real face of Pakistani women as much as Poonam Pandey is the real face of Indian women!

• JaySabir
    Mar 5, 2012 - 9:47PM

ET = Veena ; both attention seekers :P

• Nas
    Mar 5, 2012 - 9:59PM

Those who say “who cares” above, let me tell you, you all care that’s why you are reading this news piece. If you would’t you would have simply ignored the news at all let alone commenting here.

• silicon
    Mar 5, 2012 - 10:11PM

Everyone just Wait to get a new definition of stripping & Nude !!!

• zalim singh
    Mar 5, 2012 - 11:08PM

hopefully for magazines??????

• Lovely Singh
    Mar 6, 2012 - 12:02AM

I Love her !

• dv sikka
    Mar 6, 2012 - 12:37AM

@ kingkong – what is the difference between India and Pakistan when it comes to culture. The unfortunate part is that Nudity sells openly, like it or not.

• Mar 6, 2012 - 2:08AM

What else is there left to see!!!

• Balma
    Mar 6, 2012 - 2:33AM

I like the use of words…”pull it off….”.
    Sweetie, you can surely pull it off. I am with you on this.

• Mar 6, 2012 - 4:23AM

@King Kong:
    she is not any face of pakistani women she is just a women who just want mony her dont now respect of aim she just like texali girls

• Pashtun voice
    Mar 6, 2012 - 5:23AM

Loved the ISI tattoo

• zain kalam
    Mar 6, 2012 - 6:23AM

I just Cant watch This women On tv,whenever i see the channel and i see her open her Mouth I just change the channel Out of embaressment,Maybe i am the only One who goes through this mental trauma!

• SALMAN
    Mar 6, 2012 - 8:52AM

if i was the president of Pakistan.. i definately exile these types of person ….or take this case into supreme court i mean…nation look its enough Scandals scandalss scandalss… ?? is this what we are??? haaan????

common change your self…if our society was liviing according to pure Teaching of hOLy Quran and Sunnah then such things never happens…

• Mafia asad
    Mar 6, 2012 - 8:54AM

Shame on u VEENA malik. This is not only your insult,this is the insult of every women in the world.I think you don’t have self respect.

• Mafia asad
    Mar 6, 2012 - 8:57AM

We dont care
    @ayesha azeem:
    @dv sikka:

• Sajjad Hussain
    Mar 6, 2012 - 10:16AM

Shameless woman.Let her do what she wants.It is her body , it is her character.Stop projecting her on the news . We have other important problems to care for.

• Ahmer Ali
    Mar 6, 2012 - 10:22AM

Miss Veena Malik I think you have shown and displayed every thing till now thru any means and manifestations before the world and nothing has left behind to display and show.If you strip or not now the world has seen your every thing.

• Ahsan
    Mar 6, 2012 - 10:30AM

@dv sikka:

Excuse me Mr What are your views about Indian women. I am not an indecent, idiot and stupid like you to comment on women as they are the respetful creature. However i can comment on the Indian men and if you want to see the real face of the indian man then see the following link and i am damn sure you are facing the same problem that highlited in the below link

• Stricker
    Mar 6, 2012 - 10:43AM

Do it. Who cares!

• umair
    Mar 6, 2012 - 10:57AM

dont tell me now you are steping ahead :|

• AM
    Mar 6, 2012 - 12:22PM

@ ahsan
    lolz buddy- what a pick!!!! (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/6161691.stm)
    now i know why population of India is at 2nd- ha ha ha
    that must be serious issue for them (both men and women)
    keep posting !!!!!

• Hamid
    Mar 6, 2012 - 12:27PM

So?

• Parvez
    Mar 6, 2012 - 12:45PM

Life and ET would be soooo boooring without Veena.

• Beatle
    Mar 6, 2012 - 1:32PM

Indirect offer to strip in front of camera?

• Asad
    Mar 6, 2012 - 1:38PM

Shame on you

• dv sikka
    Mar 6, 2012 - 1:39PM

Stripping has become a way of life, it is promoted by the media simply because it sells. WHY IS PAKISTAN MEDIA OBSESSED WITH VEENA.

• nskhan
    Mar 6, 2012 - 3:31PM

Let her go ahead. I doubt any part of her left which people yet have to see. Let her and people to enjoy. it is her life and she knows better how to live it. Go ahead Veena what ever you like. I am at least with you for ever.

• TMohsin
    Mar 6, 2012 - 4:26PM

@ all those who dont care
    If you really don’t care, why did you bother reading her news in the first place??

• Patriotic
    Mar 6, 2012 - 5:27PM

@dv sikka:

You will become Obsessed with BBC soon becouse it has revealed the fact,

• King Kong
    Mar 6, 2012 - 6:20PM

@dv sikka: While I do agree with your comment that nudity sells, I am offended by your comment of calling Veena the real face of Pakistani women. In the future, refrain from making such unwanted generalizations or else we will return the favour. You disrespect Pakistan or Pakistanis, and we will do the same to India or Indians.

• Ahmer Ali
    Mar 7, 2012 - 9:48AM

@dv sikka:
    You are right because especially when any woman enters Indian and Western showbiz world especially in film and modeling then she has to obey the commandments of the directors and producers whatever commandments the directors and producers issue including even stripping and wearing minimum/shortest dresses to get cheap fame and popularity by day and night and money.

• Pakistani
    Mar 7, 2012 - 11:52AM

@King Kong:

Dv Sikka has already got the reply. Please see the link that Ahsan send in reply to dv sikka

• Khan
    Mar 7, 2012 - 4:19PM

@SALMAN:
    She is an adult .. and pure teaching of Islam told us that there will be a life after and every one will be judged according to their acts .. So what’s the big deal then .. she knows what is good or bad for her .. Why should one force any one to do so the called “good” after all may be what you think is good another person will think isn’t .. and will try to force you to do what he/she think is good .. and the chain goes on till you end up in medieval society. Give some breathing space to every one else and let them do what they like unless its giving you physical harm .. If you don’t like her then don’t read/watch her.

• dv sikka
    Mar 7, 2012 - 5:46PM

@ Ahmed Ali – In India it has become a way of life, nudity, it appears, has become some kind of a pride in that country of western copy cats. I felt sad when I saw a Pakistani actress going that way. Women have become some kind of animals in the modern soceity, to be exploited for their flesh. The intellectual side has lost its relevance. Yesterday’s news of Afghanistan of putting so many restrictions on women is a step as bad as it could be for womens human rights. One thing I will want is that Pakistan should not go the western way about nudity of women in public.ET has taken a bold step in bringing Veena incident to public attention in Pakistan.

More in Gossip