Poisoned To Death: Young man dies of drinking toxic alcohol

A young man died after drinking poisonous alcohol on the night of 10th Muharram.


Express December 07, 2011

KARACHI: A young man died after drinking poisonous alcohol on the night of 10th Muharram. He was identified as Shakir, son of Shabbir, who lived in the jurisdiction of Tipu Sultan police station. SHO Chaudhry Irshad said that the deceased was cooking haleem with his friends when he drank the toxic liquid. As his health deteriorated, he was taken to JPMC, where he breathed his last. Irshad said that at least five more people, namely, Omar Ishaq, Usman Hussain, Yasir, Faizan and Shehzad had also consumed the same drink and were in critical condition, but no other deaths have been reported so far.

Published in The Express Tribune, December 8th, 2011. 

Facebook Conversations

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ

Load Next Story