13-year-old boy sexually assaulted

Teen says investigation officer warned him of ‘dire consequences’ if FIR wasn’t withdrawn.


Kashif Ansari November 13, 2011

BAHAWALPUR:


About five days ago, 13-year-old Rehan* was on his way home after his shift ended at the steel factory, when two men named Riaz and Shahbaz picked him up at gunpoint, moved him to an undisclosed location and sexually assaulted him. The men fled the scene soon after committing the heinous crime.


Rehan, a resident of Rehmat Colony, was in critical condition after he was assaulted. Finding him in that state, residents of the area shifted him to a hospital soon after.

Doctors at the hospital where Rehan was admitted said that his medical reports confirmed that he had been a victim of assault. However, they added that the boy is now in stable condition and has been shifted back to his residence. Speaking to The Express Tribune, Rehan said that the investigation officer had forced him to withdraw the case, warning him of “dire consequences”. However, the city police station division B investigation officer dismissed the allegation levelled by Rehan, saying he had filed FIR 392/11-377 against three unidentified men and the police are conducting a search.

In a separate incident, 10-year-old Jahanzaib* was picked up by unidentified men who took him to the Malook Shah graveyard and sexually assaulted him and then fled the scene immediately after.

Bahawalpur Kentt Station House Officer Irfan Akbar told The Express Tribune that FIR 337 had been filed against the criminals, one of whom he has been arrested.

*NAMES HAVE BEEN CHANGED TO PROTECT THE VICTIMS’ IDENTITIES

Published in The Express Tribune, November 13th, 2011.

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ

E-Publications

Most Read