Hamas accuses Netanyahu of undermining talks, ceasefire deal after Gaza strike
Group says it remains committed to implementing agreement, urges US to pressure Israel to uphold commitments

Hamas accused Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Tuesday of deliberately undermining ceasefire talks while reaffirming its commitment to the Gaza ceasefire deal and urging the United States and mediators to pressure Israel to honour it.
The Palestinian group issued the statement after an Israeli strike on a cafe at the port in Gaza City killed six Palestinians, including a child, and injured others.
It said the “new massacre” represented “a deliberate escalation” and accused Israel of seeking to undermine efforts to consolidate the ceasefire and advance implementation of the agreement. “The timing of the crime, following recent talks in Cairo and ongoing mediation efforts, demonstrated beyond any doubt Netanyahu's intention to sabotage negotiations,” it added.
The group also accused Netanyahu of seeking to derail regional and international efforts to advance US President Donald Trump's Gaza plan and the Sharm el-Sheikh agreement.
Read: Trump's Board of Peace reassures Israel after objections on Gaza pullout plan
Hamas said it and other Palestinian factions remained “serious and responsible” in seeking to ensure the agreement's success, citing their recent meetings with US envoy Jared Kushner and mediators. It called on the US administration, mediators and guarantors “to pressure the Israeli government to honour the agreement, halt its crimes, and prevent Netanyahu from obstructing the Sharm el-Sheikh deal.”
Earlier Tuesday, an Israeli drone strike on a crowded cafe at the fishermen's port west of Gaza City killed six Palestinians, including a child, and wounded 14 others, according to the Gaza Health Ministry, a medical source and witnesses.
Netanyahu has previously rejected a 15-point Gaza plan and insisted that Hamas be disarmed first, despite a roadmap issued by the US-led Board of Peace on July 31 calling for Hamas's disarmament and a gradual, parallel Israeli withdrawal from the Gaza Strip.
Read More: Over 60,000 children orphaned in Gaza since October 2023: Palestinian ministry
Netanyahu has demanded the complete disarmament of Hamas before Israel begins withdrawing its forces from Gaza. Hamas, meanwhile, says it is willing to give up its weapons only if the move is accompanied by a gradual and orderly Israeli withdrawal from the territory.
Mediators continue efforts to advance implementation of a ceasefire agreement that took effect on October 10, 2025. Israeli violations of the agreement have led to the deaths of 1,266 Palestinians and the wounding of 4,200, according to the latest Gaza Health Ministry figures.
Israel has waged a genocide in Gaza since October 8, 2023, killing more than 73,000 Palestinians and injuring over 174,000, most of them women and children. The offensive has also caused widespread destruction across the territory.


















COMMENTS
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ