Nine terrorists killed in Balochistan
Forces conduct intelligence-based raids in Ziarat, Harnai and Surab

Security forces killed more than nine terrorists in intelligence-based operations (IBOs) in Ziarat, Harnai and Surab districts of Balochistan, Radio Pakistan reported on Tuesday, citing security sources, as operations under Operation Radd-ul-Fitna-3 continue against terrorist groups.
"Security forces have conducted IBOs against terrorists in Ziarat, Harnai and Surab, killing over nine terrorists," Radio Pakistan quoted security sources as saying.
The federal government last year officially designated all terrorist groups operating in Balochistan as 'Fitna al-Hindustan', accusing India of sponsoring a proxy war through these outfits. Fitna al-Khawarij is the state-designated term for the banned outfit Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP).
The high-tempo intelligence-driven operations were conducted as part of the ongoing "Radd-ul-Fitna-3" campaign, which the military's media wing has described as a counterterrorism operation aimed at eliminating Indian proxies.
Security forces conducted a major operation in the mountainous region between Ziarat and Harnai after receiving intelligence about the presence of terrorists. The forces surrounded and effectively targeted a terrorist hideout, killing eight terrorists, according to the sources.
"The hideout was also destroyed during the operation," sources added.
Separately, security forces conducted an operation in Hajika village in Surab district, killing another terrorist. The forces had established an effective cordon between Dasht Kitai and Hajika and tracked the movement of the terrorists before launching the operation, the sources said.
"Ammunition, magazines, hand grenades, a walkie-talkie, a motorcycle and other equipment were recovered from the slain terrorists, " security sources said.
Security forces remain committed to continuing operations in Balochistan until the complete elimination of terrorism and the establishment of lasting peace in the province.
Interior Minister Mohsin Naqvi has praised the security forces for their successful IBOs in Balochistan under Operation Radd-ul-Fitna 3. The interior minister lauded the professional capabilities of the security forces for killing more than nine terrorists belonging to Fitna al-Hindustan.
"We are proud of the brave sons of the security forces who foiled the nefarious designs of the terrorists," he said. "The operations by the security forces reflect their resolve to protect national security," he added.
Naqvi said I pay tribute to the brave sons of the nation who participated in Operation Radd-ul-Fitna 3. "The nation stands shoulder to shoulder with the security forces in the war against terrorism," he added.
















COMMENTS
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ