
In an interview with Cricketnext.com, Akhtar said that he had wanted to scare Tendulkar to get him out. He said Tendulkar was not the kind of batsman who gave away his wicket so easily, but on the day he walked away it made him think that the batsman was scared of him.
Akhtar went on to say that he had hit a ball on Tendulkar’s head in the next test match.
“They are your bhagwan, not mine. If bhagwan is hit on the head, there is nothing to be offended about,” said Akhtar.
“This is cricket, sab kuch hota hay.”
The former Pakistani player said on the occasions he had played against India, not once did Tendulkar or Rahul Dravid help their team win the match single handedly.
He said that India was a democracy and nobody was letting him speak.
“Why should I apologise? For speaking the truth? The fans understand what I’m saying,” he said.
Akhtar said that the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) was no one to ask for an apology.
“If you don’t like what I’ve written, don’t buy the book,” said the former fast bowler.
The book was released in New Delhi last week, but its launch in Mumbai on Sunday was cancelled by organisers without any explanation.
COMMENTS
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ