Man held for quadruple murder in Gujranwala
Accused allegedly misled police, attended burials before fleeing city

Police claimed to have arrested a man accused of carrying out a series of brutal murders, including the killing of a woman and her three children, officials said on Saturday.
Addressing a press conference, City Police Officer (CPO) Dr Sardar Ghiyas Gul Khan said the suspect had been taken into custody after an intensive investigation involving multiple police units and the Safe City surveillance system.
The case came to light on February 10 when the bodies of a woman and her young child were recovered from a private housing society within the limits of Saddar police station. The victims had been murdered in a particularly gruesome manner.
Shortly afterward, investigators uncovered further evidence linking the suspect to the killing of an eight-month-old infant and a 12-year-old boy in separate incidents.
According to the CPO, a special investigation team was formed under the supervision of SP Civil Lines Imran Khan, with assistance from SDPO Peoples Colony Hamid Warraich and Safe City/AVLS in-charge Sarfraz Sekhu.
Police said the accused had initially attempted to mislead investigators by remaining present during key stages of the case.
He reportedly made calls to the police helpline, attended the burial of the victims and even accompanied officers during the search for the "culprits," claiming he wanted to help bring them to justice. Suspicion arose when Safe City and nearby factory surveillance cameras were reviewed.
As scrutiny intensified, the suspect switched off his mobile phone and fled.
He allegedly changed his appearance and attempted to escape from Lahore to Karachi but was arrested before he could leave the country. During interrogation, the suspect made shocking disclosures.
Police said he admitted to having a relationship with the murdered woman.
On the day of the incident, he allegedly demanded money from her.
When she refused, he was tempted by the gold earrings she was wearing and decided to kill her. Investigators said he mutilated the bodies in an attempt to prevent identification, cutting ears and inflicting multiple knife wounds to the face and body.
A four-year-old child was also slaughtered. The suspect further confessed to strangling eight-month-old Mabra Fatima and throwing her body into a canal. Acting on his identification, police recovered the infant's body from the waterway.
In another revelation, police said the accused admitted to killing 12-year-old Abdul Rehman two months ago in the jurisdiction of Ludhianwala Warraich police station.



















COMMENTS
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ