
Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif assured full support from the federal government for the development of Balochistan during a meeting with Chief Minister Sarfraz Bugti in Lahore on Wednesday.
He reiterated that Balochistan’s progress remained one of the government’s top priorities and said all necessary steps would be taken to support ongoing and future initiatives.
Both leaders held wide-ranging talks on the province’s economic, social, and security situation.
CM Bugti briefed the prime minister on the status of development projects currently underway across Balochistan.
He also extended Eidul Fitr greetings to the premier during the meeting.
Earlier on Tuesday, Federal Minister for Defence, Khawaja Muhammad Asif, said that previous governments should be held accountable for the ongoing challenges in Balochistan.
Speaking during an interview with a private news channel, the minister highlighted his unwavering commitment to enhancing national security, improving public welfare, and intensifying counter-terrorism efforts. He extended his Eid greetings to the nation while discussing key issues.
Khawaja Asif further stated that Pakistan's armed forces have undergone reforms to better address the threat of terrorism and that successful counter-terrorism operations in Balochistan are imminent.
COMMENTS
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ