An accountability court on Thursday ordered the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) officials not to use the vehicles that had been seized from the accused.
Director General NAB Lahore Shahzad Saleem appeared before the court as it heard a case regarding the use of seized vehicles by the anti-corruption watchdog.
The judge asked the deputy prosecutor general NAB what did they do with the vehicles they took into possession. The judge noted that according to the company record, the NAB officials had been using the cars of the accused.
The deputy prosecutor general replied that the car had been used to trace the accused. The court inquired whether the NAB laws allowed using cars of the accused.
The deputy prosecutor assured the court that such practice would not take place in future. The NAB director general said that faults had developed in 40 to 50 cars as they were not in use.
He further said that the engines and tyres of cars were not damaged when they were put into use. The court observed that another case would be registered against NAB if a car taken on road met an accident.
The judge issued stern warning to the NAB to not adopt such practice again. The court disposed of the application after it was retracted.
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ