Two women hurt in fresh ceasefire violation along LoC by India

Indian troops targeted civilian population in Rakhchikri and Baroh sectors, says ISPR


NEWS DESK July 17, 2020
Indian troops have committed 1,697 ceasefire violations till date in 2020. PHOTO: FILE

At least two women were injured in yet another incident of unprovoked firing at civilian population along the Line of Control (LoC) by the Indian troops on Friday, Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR) said.

"#IndianArmy troops initiated unprovoked ceasefire violation(CFV) in Rakhchikri & Baroh Sector along #LOC targeting civilian population. 2 women, residents of Kirni & Gahi village were injured," it said in a tweet.

The militray's media wing said Indian troops have committed 1,697 ceasefire violations along the de facto border in 2020 till date.

Earlier this week, six civilians including an 11-year-old girl were injured by the Indian troops along the LoC.

Indian ceasefire violations have witnessed a surge since August 5 last year when New Delhi abrogated the special status of Indian Occupied Jammu and Kashmir (IOJ&K), besides deploying tens of thousands of additionals troops to head off protests against its illegal move.


Facebook Conversations

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ

Load Next Story