The Lahore High Court on Friday sought an explanation from the chief secretary till September 5 for the failure of police to recover a girl, allegedly kidnapped six years ago. Justice Khalid Mehmood Khan dismissed an earlier explanation filed by inspector general of police, which said that the police had no clues about the whereabouts of the missing girl.
The petitioner, Rehmat Bibi, said that her daughter, Kaniz Bibi, had been kidnapped six years ago. She said that all eight men, the she believed were responsible for her daughter’s abduction, were declared innocent by the police in their preliminary inquiry. The judge expressed displeasure at the IG’s ignorance over the matter and said that if a satisfactory response was not filed by September 5, the matter would be brought to the chief minister’s notice.
Published in The Express Tribune, August 6th, 2011.
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ