Balochistan to investigate suspected Covid-19 deaths

Under revised policy, suspected coronavirus fatalities at home to be included in official data


DNA May 30, 2020
Health department has initiated a survey to compile data of deaths at hospitals as well as at homes. PHOTO: AFP/FILE

QUETTA: The Balochistan government has revised its policy with regards to the data of deaths caused by Covid-19 in the province and decided to include the fatalities at homes likely to be caused by the contagious virus in the official data.

The provincial health department has initiated a survey to compile data of deaths at hospitals as well as at homes, officials said.

According to provincial health authorities, around 30 people in the province likely died by coronavirus at homes during the past two weeks.

Balochistan ‘ready to cope with more coronavirus cases’

The tally of deaths by coronavirus in Balochistan reaches 76 with the addition of 30 deaths of suspected Covid-19 at homes by the virus, the health department said.

The department has constituted an investigation team comprising of deputy commissioners to determine the actual cause of death of the people who died at homes, health officials said.

Thirty people died at Fatima Jinnah Hospital and Shaikh Zayed Hospital by coronavirus, the provincial health department said.

Balochistan has confirmed 46 deaths from Covid-19 so far.

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ