ATTOCK: The number of people suffering from coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is escalating in Attock where three more people tested positive on Saturday raising the number of confirmed patients in the district to 41.
According to health officials, all the newly confirmed cases were of local transmission. They were reported from Kamra Kallan village.
Attock district focal person for Covid-19 Dr Asif Arbab Niazi told newsmen that three patients belonged to the same village where a case was reported earlier. “A man coming back from a preaching mission or Tableegh was tested positive for the virus and these three new patients were natives of the same village he belonged to,” Dr Niazi said.
He said that these persons were already quarantined in connection to precautionary measures.
Dr Niazi, while answering a question has confirmed that the suspected cases are also escalating as on Saturday the suspected Covid-19 cases jumped to 549 while result of 129 samples are yet to come.
He said that 40 people are under observation in different quarantine established in various parts of the district which includes 18 belonged to the roaming preachers, Tableeghi Jammat, an Iran returned pilgrim who tested positive and 21 locals.
He said that so far, 67 preachers who have completed their quarantine period at various centres across the district were sent back to their homes with the assistance of local administration.
Responding another question, he said that nine Convid-19 patients have recovered and nine others were under treatment at district headquarters hospital and their condition was stable.
Published in The Express Tribune, April 26th, 2020.