Murtaza Wahab denies bribery allegations against Sindh govt

Sindh govt had been accused of collecting bribes to let industries, traders resume operations


​ Our Correspondent April 25, 2020
Sindh govt has been accused of collecting bribes to let industries, traders resume operations. PHOTO: FILE

KARACHI: Sindh government spokesperson Barrister Murtaza Wahab has dismissed all allegations of the provincial government collecting bribes in exchange for allowing certain industries and trade centres to resume operations.

In a video statement issued on Saturday, Wahab termed the allegations levelled against the Sindh government and Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah “fake and baseless.”

Claiming that traders associations too had refuted the reports, he warned of taking legal action against elements involved in circulating “fake audio [clips]” in connection with the allegations. The spokesperson further said that the government would also consult the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) and other relevant authorities on the matter.

Retailers claim Rs900b loss during lockdown

“Elements trying to raise questions on the government’s sincerity will fail,” he remarked.

The government would continue to serve the public, he stressed, claiming that citizens, too, were well aware that the allegations were a part of propaganda against it. The spokesperson maintained that the Sindh government had taken decisions in the best interests of the public from the onset of the pandemic.

He said that people should abstain from spreading such rumours and making false allegations, though he added that if anybody had any evidence against the provincial government, they needed to come forward so that action could be taken against the offenders.

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ

E-Publications

Most Read