Hajj Applications: Ministry ordered to reply by Aug 1

Directive was issued by Justice Azmat Saeed on the petition by the owner of a company offering Hajj and Umra services.


Express July 26, 2011

LAHORE: The Lahore High court on Tuesday directed the Ministry of Religious Affairs to submit a reply by August 1 in a petition challenging the ministry for stopping 135 Hajj applications. The directive was issued by Justice Azmat Saeed on the petition by the owner of a company offering Hajj and Umra services. The petitioner said that it had submitted 135 applications along with Rs3 million as processing fee. Moreover he said that Rs10.5 million more were later deposited with the airline for tickets. He said that the ministry was not processing the applications. He asked the court to direct the respondent to justify its action although all necessary requirements had been fulfilled.

Published in The Express Tribune, July 27th, 2011.

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ

Most Read