176 Chinese nationals screened for coronavirus in Bahawalpur

By APP
Published: February 3, 2020
Email
Coronavirus. PHOTO: REUTERS

Coronavirus. PHOTO: REUTERS

BAHAWALPUR: As many as 176 Chinese nationals performing various duties in different parts of the Bahawalpur Division have been screened for coronavirus and none of them was found carrying the virus. Commissioner Asif Iqbal said no Chinese national had arrived from the neighbouring country during the past two weeks. He said that a number of Chinese national were working on different projects in the division and it was being ensured that they and their co-workers remained safe from coronavirus. He said that special wards had been set up at hospitals for suspected patients of the deadly virus. He added that no case of coronavirus had yet been reported in the division, however, all the precautionary measures were being taken.

Published in The Express Tribune, February 3rd, 2020.

Facebook Conversations

Leave Your Reply Below

Your comments may appear in The Express Tribune paper. For this reason we encourage you to provide your city. The Express Tribune does not bear any responsibility for user comments.

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive. For more information, please see our Comments FAQ.

More in Health