Gas leak blast kills sisters, injures parents in Rawalpindi

Published: November 12, 2019
Email
PHOTO: FILE

PHOTO: FILE

RAWALPINDI: Two girls were killed and their parents seriously injured in a gas explosion at their home in the Chandnagar neighborhood of Rawalpindi on Monday.

According to Taxila police, Babar, who works as a band master, said that his family was sleeping when suddenly an explosion occurred due to gas leakage in a pipe.

Giving statement to the police at DHQ Hospital, Babar, said fire engulfed the entire house in seconds, “my two daughetrs, one 11 year old and the other 14 year old died of burns, while me and my wife were severely injured.”

The explosion was of such intensity that the rear wall of the house collapsed.

When The Express Tribune contacted SHO Taxila Inspector Sohail Zafar, he said: “both the deceased were completely burnt and could not sustain the injuries and eventually died.”

Published in The Express Tribune, November 12th, 2019.

Facebook Conversations

Leave Your Reply Below

Your comments may appear in The Express Tribune paper. For this reason we encourage you to provide your city. The Express Tribune does not bear any responsibility for user comments.

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive. For more information, please see our Comments FAQ.

More in Pakistan