Fire erupts in Sindh Secretariat Building

A short circuit was the likely cause behind the fire


​ Our Correspondent October 12, 2019
Representational image. PHOTO: REUTERS

KARACHI: A fire broke out on the second floor of the Sindh Secretariat Building on Friday.

Although some files and office furniture were damaged, no loss of life was reported.

The flames were extinguished with the cooperation of the fire department and the police.

Baldia Factory fire case nears conclusion

According to officials of the fire department, the fire erupted in the legal section office on the second floor and was contained using two fire tenders.

South SSP Shiraz Nazir said that a short circuit was the likely cause behind the fire but further investigation is underway.

Published in The Express Tribune, October 12th, 2019.

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ

E-Publications

Most Read