Three die, 150 affected due to dengue outbreak in Kech

Published: March 25, 2019
Email
 PHOTO: AFP

PHOTO: AFP

QUETTA  : The Turbat District Health Officer has said that the outbreak of dengue fever has worsened in the Kech district of Balochistan with more than 150 cases being reported in the area since January of which three had proved fatal.

He added that dengue cases were being reported in the area on a daily basis.

The DHO further said efforts were underway to control the spread of the virus in the district and that, acting on the directives of Balochistan Chief Minister Jam Kamal Khan, the provincial health department had dispatched a team equipped with the necessary medicines and kits to deal with the situation.

Dengue outbreak: Three more die in Punjab

The district health officer also disclosed that doctors and other officials of the World Health Organization (WHO) as well as officials of the federal and provincial governments had already arrived in the district and had started spraying to contain the virus as well as visiting residents door-to-door to collect blood samples.

In addition, the DHO stated, the health department had designated around 30 officials to conduct an awareness campaign during which people would be instructed on preventive measures regarding the deadly disease.

Facebook Conversations

More in Balochistan