PESHAWAR: Chief Minister Mahmood Khan has directed to prepare a comprehensive master plan to resolve all the issues of district Peshawar directing that the representatives of business community, civil society, and elected public representatives should also be involved in this regard.
Mahmood said he would personally monitor the implementation of the plan and the performance would be reviewed on a monthly basis.
This he said while presiding over a meeting to discuss issues of district Peshawar at Chief Minister Secretariat Peshawar, said an official handout.
Minister for Local Government Shahram Khan Tarakai, Finance Minister Taimur Saleem Jhagra, Special Assistant to CM on Elementary & Secondary Education Ziaullah Bangash, Special Assistant to CM on IT Kamran Bangash, MPAs of Peshawar, Principal Secretary to CM Shahab Ali Shah, administrative secretaries, DG PDA, DC and other high ups attended the meeting.
The meeting was briefed about the overall traffic congestion in Peshawar city, infrastructure, provision of service delivery, governance, identification and development of recreational and entertainment spots, cleanliness and greenery in Peshawar, availability of parking space and development of neighbourhoods in Peshawar.
CM Mahmood stressed to resolve all the issues of Peshawar on a sustainable basis and instructed the speedy finalisation of the master plan.
“Peshawar city will be developed in its true sense. Beautification and development of Peshawar is the top priority of provincial government,” he said revealing that 100 spots would be identified where mega parks would be developed adding that 45 such places have already been identified.
Mahmood said that accelerated implementation of the master plan would be ensured to resolve the issues of traffic in Peshawar. The beauty of Peshawar city would soon be restored. He directed to initiate concrete steps for the clean and green Peshawar under the clean and green drive vision of PM Imran Khan.
The CM stated that all types of encroachment will be dealt with iron hand. He said that administrative issues of PDA and WSSP would be resolved and their performance would be made more efficient. Similarly, the administrative issues of Halal food authority and food department would also be resolved for better work and service delivery.
Mahmood said that 80% gas related issues of Peshawar city have already been resolved while the remaining 20% would soon be resolved. Expeditious works are in progress to resolve electricity related issues in Peshawar city. Mega parks would be established in Peshawar city and gradually this project would also be extended to Charsadda and Nowshera. He said that the establishment of sports grounds in the whole city of Peshawar would also be ensured very soon.
Establishment of Hayatabad Cricket Academy will be made possible, he added.
Published in The Express Tribune, March 13th, 2019.