Another boy electrocuted to death in Rawalpindi

This is the second such incidents in the past two days


Our Correspondent January 24, 2019
This is the second such incidents in the past two days. PHOTO: AFP/FILE

RAWALPINDI: The desire to catch a kite has taken another life in Rawalpindi after a 10-year-old boy was electrocuted while attempting to retrieve the kite.

According to Rescue 1122, 10-year-old Saifullah had spotted a loose kite hanging in Mohalla Raja Sultan within the remits of the Banni police station. He climbed a roof and used a metal pole to retrieve it. However, the pole accidentally touched the high voltage power lines passing nearby. Power in the lines was so intense that the boy suffered 100 per cent burns on his body.

Rescue officials said that they arrived within three minutes of receiving a call about the incident but Saifullah had already died.

Later, his body was shifted to Saifullah’s home at the request of his parents.

This is the second such incidents in the past two days.

Published in The Express Tribune, January 24th, 2019.

E-Publications

Most Read

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ