Erratic supply: Mother, child killed in gas explosion

In the morning the gas supply resumed, but since the flame was not burning, the whole room got filled with gas


Our Correspondent January 01, 2019
Representational image. PHOTO: REUTERS

LAKKI MARWAT: A child was killed and her mother was severely injured when a home in Muhallah Bamozai area of Lakki Marwat caught fire due to erratic gas supply.

Waqas Khan’s family was asleep, leaving their gas heater running in frigid cold to keep the small home warm and cosy. However, at night when the family was sound asleep, the piped gas supply stopped and the flame of the heater died.

In the morning the gas supply resumed, but since the flame was not burning, the whole room got filled with gas.

Unaware of the situation, Waqas tried to turn on the heater, and just as the match was struck there was a huge explosion and a ball of fire engulfed the whole room. 

Published in The Express Tribune, January 1st, 2019.

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ

E-Publications

Most Read