NAB recovers Rs330m from former 16-grade govt officer in Lahore

Published: November 9, 2018
Email
NAB spokesperson says the accused also has several properties to his name, as supported by some evidence. PHOTO: FILE

NAB spokesperson says the accused also has several properties to his name, as supported by some evidence. PHOTO: FILE

The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) Lahore on Friday recovered Rs330 million from the house of a former 16-grade government officer.

According to NAB spokesperson, a team of the bureau had raided the officer’s house, located in the EME society of the provincial metropolis.

During the action, he added, the team found Rs100 million in local currency, while the remaining in currencies of 11 other countries. The recovered items also included prize bonds amounting to Rs170 million.

The spokesperson further said the accused has also been found owning several properties, as supported by some evidence. Further investigation into the case is ongoing.

Double Shah scam victims get Rs169 million

The director-general NAB has ordered an immediate inquiry against the accused in connection with ‘financial assets beyond means of income.’ The officials haven’t made public the details of the accused, to avoid difficulties in the collection of more evidences.

On Wednesday, Director General National Accountability Bureau (NAB) Lahore Saleem Shahzad distributed Rs169.68 million among 1,474 affectees of Double Shah scam.

The recovered amount was distributed during a ceremony held at NAB Complex Thokar Niaz Beg. This was the third phase of the distribution of recovered money. NAB Lahore has distributed Rs1.2 billion among 6,490 affectees of the scam so far.

Facebook Conversations

More in Pakistan