MANSEHRA: Three students and a teacher were killed on Tuesday after being electrocuted in the Kiwai area of Mansehra district.
School teacher Safeer Khan and students Asif, Bilal and Noman were killed in the incident while a school guard was also injured.
The incident occurred during a flag-raising ceremony. An electric wire fell on the metal flagpole as the students and teacher were in contact with the metallic object.
Parents of the students refused to hand over the bodies for medico-legal formalities.
Sindh CM pledges govt assistance for electrocuted boy
Earlier in August, a boy, Umar, was critically injured after a high-tension wire fell on his left arm in Ahsanabad, a town adjacent to Gulshan-e-Maymar, Karachi. The boy promptly used his other hand to remove the wire.
Young elephant electrocuted in Thailand
According to the child’s family, Umar was rushed to the burns centre at Karachi Civil Hospital where he underwent an hours-long surgery. While doctors were successful in saving the boy’s life, both his arms had to be amputated.
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ