Conjugal wrongs: Couple ready to reunite, but who goes first?

Wife insists husband pick her up from her parents’ home.

Rana Yasif May 14, 2011


A family court on Friday fixed June 23 to examine evidence in a petition filed by a man for restitution of conjugal rights after his wife refused to return to his house unless he personally picked her up from her parents’ house.

Petitioner Khurram Shahbaz, a Green Town resident, refused and said that his wife, Sarwat Hussain Jaffery, had left on her own and should therefore return on her own.

Earlier, in his petition, Shahbaz had submitted that his parents-in-law did not want the marriage to last and were trying to influence his wife.

He said that except for the last few months there had never been any issue between the two of them since their marriage in May, 2009. Of late, he said, his wife and her parents’ attitude towards him had changed.

He said she had not returned since she went over to stay with her parents a couple of months ago to attend a family function. He said she had taken all her gold jewellery as well. He said a week after she moved to her parents’ house he had gone over to pick her up but her parents had refused to allow her to leave with him.

He said that during her time away she had aborted her pregnancy without informing him. He said that he still wanted to live with her. He requested the court to issue a decree for restitution of conjugal rights in his favour and direct his wife to return to his house.

Published in The Express Tribune, May 14th, 2011.


Leila Rage | 10 years ago | Reply How stupid! If the woman doesnt want to live with him he should get over it and MOVE ON. Pathetic.
Ali | 10 years ago | Reply This guy, Khurram Shahbaz is extremely stupid. He can go to court but cannt go to his wife's house. Court should nullify his marriage o n basis of incompetence of mind.
Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ


Most Read