Cost-Effective: Farmers urged to adopt drip irrigation 

Punjab Agriculture department urged farmers to install drip irrigation system


APP March 11, 2018
Faculty of Agriculture Engineering Dean Allah Bukhsh said rainwater technology must be used for irrigation and ground water recharge purposes. Modern irrigation methods like drip irrigation could be used, he said. PHOTO: PPI

ISLAMABAD: The Punjab agriculture department has urged farmers to install drip irrigation system in their fields as it is cost effective and offers handsome returns. Talking to Radio Pakistan, department’s spokesperson Najaf Abbas said the government had initiated various projects to promote the modern system of irrigation. The government is providing 60 per cent subsidy on installation of the drip irrigation system, however, the farmers will spend the remaining 40%. He told the radio that 80 per cent subsidy was being given for running drip irrigation on the solar system, adding, the sprinkle irrigation system powered by solar energy had been installed over an area of around 1,500 acres in Punjab.

Published in The Express Tribune, March 11th, 2018.

Like Business on Facebook, follow @TribuneBiz on Twitter to stay informed and join in the conversation.

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ

E-Publications

Most Read