They say one picture is worth a thousand words. A large majority around the globe don’t really understand how beautiful Pakistan really is. This year, The Express Tribune, with the help of its supremely talented readers and Instagrammers held a competition to give the world a tiny glimpse into the Pakistan they don’t know about.
Photographers from all over Pakistan took some of the most breathtaking pictures and used the hashtag #ETBESTOF2017 to enter the competition. While all our entries were phenomenal, due to space constraints we are producing 20 of the most-liked photos here:
1. Majestic View of snow clad mountains from Ayubia National Park, Muree.
2. This picture perfectly preserves the epitome of innocence, a child’s smile.
3. Brilliant view of a musical school located at one of the most beautiful places in Pakistan, Hunza Valley.
4. Celebrating the colors of Autumn in Hunza, Gilgit-Balitistan.
5. Breathtaking sunset shot in Shigar Valley.
8. Children on their way to school in Sardaryaab, Charsadda.
9. Beautiful snowfall covering the hills of Muree, Pakistan.
10. Aerial view of Wazir Khan Mosque and its surroundings in Lahore, Pakistan.
12. Manthokha Waterfall in Kharmang Valley, Skardu, Pakistan .
13. Mastering the art of making puri’s in the streets of Lahore.
14. Spellbinding beauty of Taobat in Azad Kashmir.
15. Aerial view of Alpurai, capital of Shangla in K-P after a recent snowfall.
16. En route to the magnificent Khunjerab Pass.
17. View of Ormara beach, Gwadar -Balochistan.
18. Aerial view of Faisal Mosque in Islamabad.
19. Splendid beauty of Attabad Lake in Hunza, Gilgit-Baltistan.
20. The best reflection of emotion is through one’s eyes.