Fatal iftari: Three sisters die after consuming toxic edibles in Sialkot

Published: June 19, 2017
SHARES
Email

Three sisters died after consuming toxic ‘chaat’ and ‘samosas’ for iftari in Sialkot on Sunday.

According to Express News, the incident took place in Boorho Mahalla of the city’s Neka Pura neighbourhood.

The victims were identified as Aayat, Amina, and Aiba. They were seven, five and three years old respectively.

The condition of the sisters worsened after consuming the food and were shifted to a nearby hospital hours later. They, however, were unable to survive.

Police said three suspects were taken into custody while an investigation into the incident is underway.

A postmortem of the bodies, however, will be conducted to learn the exact cause of death.

Facebook Conversations

Reader Comments (1)

  • Ehsan
    Jun 19, 2017 - 11:43PM

    may God bless their souls.
    Proper investigations needs to be done whoever was selling toxic food must be brought to justice.Recommend

Leave Your Reply Below

Your comments may appear in The Express Tribune paper. For this reason we encourage you to provide your city. The Express Tribune does not bear any responsibility for user comments.

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive. For more information, please see our Comments FAQ.

More in Punjab

Karachi

Fiqah Hanfia
Sehar 4:14 AM
Iftar 7:26 PM
Fiqah Jafaria
Sehar 4:26 AM
Iftar 7:26 PM
Fiqah Hanfia
Sehar
Iftar
Fiqah Jafaria
Sehar
Iftar

Lahore

Islamabad