Still at large: Police fail to arrest man who strangled two sisters

Investigation officer says there are no wounds on the bodies of the victims

Shamsul Islam June 18, 2017

FAISALABAD: The Nishatabad Police have failed to arrest a man who strangled his two sisters in mysterious circumstances on Thursday and fled away after throwing their bodies in fields.

Allah Ditta, the father of the deceased girls, belongs to a poor family works as a labourer. He has two sons and two daughters. Muhammad Hamid, a neighbour, told The Express Tribune that Allah Ditta was very upset about the marriage of his daughters due to financial constraints.

He was under extreme distress. The neighbor said All Ditta was the only breadwinner of the family and he repeatedly reprimanded his sons who were jobless.

On Thursday, Muhammad Shahid told his grandfather Rehmat that he was taking both of his sisters to a relative and would come back within two hours. However, after one hour he informed that he has killed both of them to save the family from financial woes.

On receipt of this massage his grandfather and other villagers started searching for the bodies and after hectic efforts found the bodies in nearby fields. Apparently both the girls were strangled to death. Police have registered a case against Muhammad Shahid under section 402 and 34 of the Pakistan Penal Code.

Investigation officer told The Express Tribune that the initial inquiry revealed that no injuries were found on the bodies of the victims. The real cause of the death will be ascertained after postmortem reports and other forensic evidences. Police have failed to arrest the accused.

On the day of the incident, the accused took his sisters to an isolated place and strangled them. Later, he dumped their bodies in nearby fields.

The police registered a case against Shahid on the complaint of victim’s grandfather Rehmat.

The incidents of domestic violence and killings have witnessed a surge. Just two weeks ago in Arifwala, a man strangled his three daughters to death and injured his wife over financial constraints.

According to police, Ahmed Yar, 39, married Shakeela and the couple had six children. Ahmed had been jobless for quite some time and had frequent quarrels with his wife who finally went to her parents’ house a few days ago.

Ahmed, however, brought Shakeela back and the couple again quarreled following which the man strangled his daughters 11-year-old Zainab Bibi, Zunera, 6, and Marriam, 2, when they were sleeping. He also hacked his wife who somehow escaped. She was shifted to District Headquarters Hospital Pakpattan for treatment. Later, the police arrested the accused.

Published in The Express Tribune, June 18th, 2017.


Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ


Most Read