Sindh police announce Rs5m reward for arrest of Sehwan attack facilitators

Suspects identified with the help of 38 CCTV cameras installed at the shrine, statement says


Zubair Ashraf/news Desk April 07, 2017
Belongings of the victims of the suicide attack lie scattered on the floor of the Sehwan shrine. PHOTO: AFP

KARACHI: Sindh police have announced a reward of Rs5 million for anyone providing information on facilitators of the suicide attack on Sehwan's Lal Shahbaz Qalandar shrine, saying the suspects had been identified through 38 CCTV cameras.

"The suicide attacker and his facilitator were identified with the help of 38 CCTV cameras," said the statement following a security meeting in Karachi on Friday. Officials of police, Sindh Rangers and intelligence agencies attended the meeting.

CCTV-footage photographs released by Sindh police

The bomber, wearing a suicide jacket, and two of his accomplices could be seen in the footage, the statement said. They had remained at the shrine for an hour a day before the explosion on February 15.

"The counter-terrorism department, Rangers, intelligence agencies and police of Sehwan and Dadu districts collected the evidence and shared it with other LEAs," it said. "The photographs were then sent to the National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA) and their response is now awaited."

The grisly bombing on February 16 left at least 88 people dead and more than 200 others injured.

The Sindh Police statement available with The Express Tribune

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ

E-Publications

Most Read