Newlywed couple: Husband dies, wife falls unconscious after gas leakage 

The couple had fallen asleep on Sunday night while leaving a gas heater burning


Our Correspondent January 09, 2017
The donors have also underlined the need for controlling gas theft and leakages – called unaccounted for gas (UFG) – in the distribution system and bringing efficiency. PHOTO: FILE

RAWALPINDI: A 30-year-old man died of suffocation and his wife lost consciousness on Monday due to gas leakage in their house in Satellite Town, the police said.

The deceased was identified as Bilal Khalid and his wife as Ayesha Khalid. Ayesha was rushed to Shifa International Hospital, Islamabad, where she was put on a ventilator as her condition was stated to be critical.

The couple had fallen asleep on Sunday night while leaving a gas heater burning.

The heater went out at some point due to gas load shedding. The gas leak began when supply resumed later that night. When the couple did not wake up in the morning, family members knocked at the door of their bedroom, but to no avail.

Consequently, they broke the door open and found the couple lying unconscious and the room smelling of natural gas. The matter was not reported to police, the New Town SHO said.

Published in The Express Tribune, January 10th, 2017.

 

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ

E-Publications

Most Read