Zahid Ahmed's journey from zero to hero will leave you inspired

Published: September 3, 2016
Zara Yaad Kar actor opens up about his dramatic transformation.

Zara Yaad Kar actor opens up about his dramatic transformation.

Zahid Ahmed who is currently making waves on TV with his hit serial Zara Yaad Kar has opened up about his life like never before.

The actor who recently bagged the Best Actor in a Negative Role at the 4th Hum TV Awards for Alvida shared his journey from zero to hero in an inspirational Facebook post.

PHOTO: HUMTV

A picture of Zahid from his early days recently surfaced on the internet and left people talking about his shocking transformation. But the Besharam actor didn’t shy away from revealing what no one has ever known about him before.

Aamir Khan continues to surprise us with his dramatic transformation

“This picture has been circulating on many websites and people have been asking me if this is true. Well here’s the answer…it is absolutely TRUE! The picture on the left is me (Zahid). But just like every picture, you never get to know the whole story…apart from getting a solution for my hair loss and being over weight, there’s much more to my story! Here it is!,” Zahid said in his post.

PHOTO: FACEBOOK/ZAHIDAHMED

The actor went on to share his life’s timeline which states that he “started working as a COO of an IT company in 2011, the same year he got married.”

On the last day of his honeymoon, Zahid found that his “workplace turned out to be fraudulent and was shut down leaving him jobless and in debt.” His “marriage was on the rocks as he couldn’t find a job for a year.”

Zahid Ahmed with his wife. PHOTO: INDIAFORUMS

Later in 2012, he had “a terrible accident leaving him with an injured spine.” Still having trouble in paradise, Zahid got “a radio show because of his voice” and the commute to the radio station caused further damage to his spine.

Sonakshi Sinha keeps getting skinnier. And no one is complaining

In 2012, he “underwent a spinal surgery and was back on his feet once again.” Also “found a new job which paid 10 times less” and he continued to struggle with his marital life.

The same year he started hosting an English language show on PTV and later on went to launch PTV World that was against the culture of the national TV.

SCREENGRAB

It was 2013 when his life took a dramatic turn. He was approached to play the role of Jinnah in Anwar Maqsood’s play  Sawa 14 August, for which “he got a hair transplant done and lost 22 kilos.”

PHOTO: BRANDSYNARIO

But due to the corrupt producer, he was forced to leave theater in 2014 and once again was left stranded on the streets of Karachi.

Fardeen Khan’s dramatic transformation gives fodder to Twitter trolls

But as he was destined to become an actor, fate worked in his favour. He auditioned and got selected for a role in Hum TV’s Mehram and the rest is just history.

POSTER

“If this story doesn’t motivate you, I don’t know what will. I am Zahid Ahmed, I am passion and I am the future,” Zahid said in his concluding message.

Here’s his story as narrated by him.

And for the rest of us, there’s still hope!

• SYED
    Sep 3, 2016 - 2:02PM

This is amazing, Anybody can tell from where he did hair transplantation?Recommend

• saud
    Sep 3, 2016 - 2:29PM

I have known him for a long, long time and he was never a “zero”. Always passionate and always dedicated to what he set himself to achieve whether it was excelling in the field of IT or helping people or doing one more rep at the gym. I have seen him transform from a simple boy next door to an actor-par-excellence on stage and television.
    He is not just another face on the television, he is an acting powerhouse who has earned his mettle against some of the seasoned actors and actresses on the pakistani television.Recommend

• Aziz
    Sep 3, 2016 - 2:51PM

Zahid Hussain:

I am 64 years old and greatly admire your acting. It is so natural. I live and work in London.

My life is similar to yours in many ways but dissimilar in some. I came from a poor family and had to struggle to educate myself. In Pakistan, I had to go hungry for days and sleep in parks and secluded places as my entire family was a prisoner of war making me technically a refugee in my own country. Then I got a job in the UK and came here nearly 40 years ago on a work permit with my British wife.

However, my life is different to yours in some ways. My wife travelled from the UK to marry me in Pakistan. Despite her foreign education and upbringing, she remained at my side during the worst days of my life as a solid support and against the wishes of her family.

She is still my constant companion 40 years on.Recommend

• Nabil
    Sep 3, 2016 - 4:10PM

I am quite surprised that whenever he found himself in trouble, his wife (apparently) was the first one to say good bye :). I would hate to be in that kind of marriage.Recommend

• Anand
    Sep 3, 2016 - 4:20PM

Pretty inspiring. However I don’t understand one thing. He was the COO of the company and he didn’t know the company was fraudulent. Okay, it was fraudulent but then a COO is a competent person, he should have been able to find a decent job. I hope he being the COO of a bogus company was not a setup to marry this pretty girl only. In any case, the story is truly inspiring. Recommend

• Gulistan Khan
    Sep 3, 2016 - 4:39PM

Dear Zahid Bhai,

I understand the wonderful hair transplant. But which cream did you get to make an old face look so young now?!

Regards.

Gulistan Khan.Recommend

• Ch. Allah Daad
    Sep 3, 2016 - 4:46PM

There are always ups and downs in life. It doesn’t take long to become hero from zero or from north to south but real real hero is the one who dies rich with honor and respect. Most of our old celebrities are dying poor with no means of livelihood and without paying their hospital bills. This is the time for this guy to invest long term for his old age. Recommend

• Zee
    Sep 3, 2016 - 8:10PM

Damn! Both Bruce Willis and Nicolas Cage should get in touch with Zahid!Recommend

• mani
    Sep 3, 2016 - 9:46PM

Inspiring but not understand work against PTV culture and launch PTV world which also a Govt. Channel Recommend

• sam
    Sep 4, 2016 - 3:30PM

No matter what, Zahid, your acting is supreme.Recommend

• Misha
    Sep 4, 2016 - 7:31PM

This guy has too much talent. He is versatile actor. For example. in “Zara Yaad Kar”, he is a simple and humble(nobel) man and in drama serial “Besharam” his role is outstanding. He done justice with his role in both drama serials.Recommend

• sadia
    Sep 15, 2016 - 2:41AM

so much inspiring,he is realy a talented guy,,MashallahRecommend

• Uzma
    Sep 16, 2016 - 10:59AM

Inspiring story. You are a real life Hero Recommend

• Laiba Ali rajpoot
    Oct 25, 2016 - 1:54PM

You are awesome zahid bhae may Allah bless u …..and live long ….u and your family…Recommend

More in Life & Style