Two men accused of raping child sent on remand

Another two suspects still at large; victim’s family complains of unfair treatment by police 

Arsalan Altaf August 05, 2016
Another two suspects still at large; victim’s family complains of unfair treatment by police . PHOTO: FILE

ISLAMABAD: A judicial magistrate on Friday sent two men to Adiala Jail on a judicial remand after they had been arrested for sexually assaulting a 14-year-old boy.

The Koral police had booked four persons for allegedly intoxicating and raping the victim* in the Sharifabad area on July 28.

Pakistan's shameful denial of male rape

The police booked N*, S*, U* and an unidentified person for the offence on July 29. They were able to arrest two of the suspects on the same day. The other two suspects are still at large.

Koral SHO Abdur Rauf Kiani said the suspects confessed to raping the child during interrogation.

He said that the results of medical tests of the victim are still awaited.

The suspects were produced before the judicial magistrate on Friday and they were sent to jail on a judicial remand.

Talking to The Express Tribune, the victim’s father said the suspects picked up his son while he was playing in a ground.

One of the suspects told the victim that he was ill and asked him to drop him [the suspect] off at a local clinic as he could not ride his bike. The boy agreed to take the suspect to the clinic.

Three boys raped in Peshawar, Shabqadar

The victim, a seventh grader, later told his father and the police that the suspect forced him to drink or swallow an intoxicant at gunpoint and raped him.

The victim was injured during the assault and is still receiving treatment at Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences (Pims).

The father also complained that he was being treated unfairly by the police and the doctors. “They are treating me as if I am a suspect,” he said, and added that the doctors at Pims who examined his son were not providing him with the test results. He claimed they were employing delaying tactics.

Sub-inspector Sher Ahmad, who was the assigned investigation officer, refused to comment, saying that the case had been transferred to another police official.


Published in The Express Tribune, August 6th, 2016.


Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ