Short-circuit: 10 injured in fire at health facility

Short-circuit: 10 injured in fire at health facility


Our Correspondent July 17, 2016

HYDERABAD: A private medical centre in Dadu district caught fire on Sunday, leaving 10 patients, attendants and staff injured. The owner of the double storey building in Jaggatabad Mohalla, Abid Ali Ghallu, said around 36 people were at the premises when the fire broke out. “Thanks to the neighbours and district administration, all the people were evacuated timely,” he said. He explained that the medical facility uses generators for the longer part of the day due to excessive power cuts, which caused a short-circuit leading to a fire. Two newborns were also injured during the incident.

Published in The Express Tribune, July 18th, 2016.

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ

E-Publications

Most Read