Until the news of her tragic death at the hands of her brother, Qandeel Baloch largely remained a punch line for many. She is now being posthumously honoured and remembered for her bravery in her attempt to shatter chauvinisms and achieve sexual liberty.
Often, her statements about Imran Khan, Shahid Afridi and Maulana Qavi were deemed controversial, her offer to strip in celebration of a sporting win and her revealing attire was considered vulgar and her question “how am looking?” truly became a social media sensation.
What’s important to remember is that she was liberated even though it came with a price.
Here are 10 empowering quotes by Qandeel Baloch:
1. "I am an inspiration to those ladies who are treated badly by society. I will keep on achieving and I know you will keep on hating."
2. "No matter how many times I will be pushed down under but I am fighter I will bounce back. Qandeel Baloch is 'One Women Army'."
3. "At least international media can see how I am trying to change the typical orthodox mindset of people who don’t want to come out of their shells of false beliefs and old practices."
4. "I want to give those girls a positive message who have been forcefully married, who continue to sacrifice."
5. "I will fight for right. I will not give up. I will reach my goal and absolutely nothing will stop me."
Qandeel Baloch to appear in Bigg Boss 10?
6. "Love me or hate me both are in my favour. If you love me I will always be in your heart and if you hate me I will be in your mind."
7. "As a woman, we must stand up for ourselves. As a woman, we must stand up for each other."
8. "If you have a strong will power, definitely, nothing can let you go down."
9. "It's time to bring a change because the world is changing. Let's open our minds and live in present."
Qandeel Baloch's ex-husband comes forward with startling claims
10. "I am a modern day feminist. I believe in equality. I need not to choose what type of women should be. I don't think there is any need to label ourselves just for sake of society."
Rest in peace, Qandeel.
SBP governor requests banks to contribute generously to Edhi foundationPrevious Story