SMS NADRA to get your CNIC, family tree re-verified

Published: June 27, 2016
From July 1, Nadra will send messages from 8008 to family heads to get confirmation of their registered numbers. PHOTO: EXPRESS

National Database and Registration Authority (Nadra) on Sunday launched a campaign for re-verification of registered families.

Under the new campaign, family members can be verified through an SMS service. The service allows Computerised National Identity Card (CNIC) holders to check who is registered under the same family tree, by sending a SMS to 8008, Radio Pakistan reported.

CNICs re-verification to start from July 1

Through the respective service, registered families will be able to report individuals to authorities who were illegally registered under their family tree.

Beginning from July 1, Nadra will send messages from 8008 to family heads in order to get confirmation of their registered numbers.

However, you can check the status even if you aren’t the head of family. You can send your CNIC number to 8008 and receive the names of all registered persons in your family.

Last week, Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan approved a plan for launching the CNICs re-verification drive on July 1.

The interior minister, while chairing a meeting to discuss the multi-pronged strategy and attended by the interior secretary, the National Counter Terrorism Authority (Nacta) national coordinator, Nadra chairman and other senior officials, was informed that Nadra has established a helpline that can handle 10,000 calls per day, and a SMS gateway to issue 150,000 SMS per day.

Nisar orders re-verification of 180m CNICs

The minister was informed that training for the needed human resource has already been completed to ensure the successful completion of the re-verification drive which in the words of the minister is an ‘important milestone pertaining to national security’. He has given Nadra six months deadline to complete the process.

• Hameed
    Jun 27, 2016 - 3:29PM

How would it stop from the likes of Mullah Mansoor to be caught?Recommend

• sana
    Jun 27, 2016 - 4:10PM

My parents have passed away and my siblings are married, so do i have a family according to NADRA?
    How do they define family? Kids living with parents? Kids living separately? Recommend

• waseem arshad
    Jun 27, 2016 - 5:42PM

Please tell us how do ppl living abroad can checkRecommend

• Ahmad
    Jul 11, 2016 - 11:45AM

This SMS service doesn’t seem to work either. Yesterday, I sent my CNIC # to 8008 and there is no response so far even after 22 hours.Recommend

• Naveed
    Jul 12, 2016 - 11:49AM

Service does not seem to work. Sent the sms on 8008 with the CNIC but haven’t received the reply yet.Recommend

• shazil
    Jul 13, 2016 - 12:01AM

@sana:
    ofcourse Recommend

• Munir Nara
    Jul 16, 2016 - 12:08PM

I did check registered family members by sending SMS to 8008 and also got the reply via sms & surprisingly I found few sons & daughters (which do not belong to me at all) had been registered on my CNIC. I replied the SMS by one (1) and on next day I did get a call from NADRA Isb. It further surprised me that after getting some basic information I was advised to visit nearest NADRA office for complain & correction (which I had already tried few years back & had been advised that NADRA would get it corrected) & Help center told me that they are unable to launch complain, then what is the use of it?Recommend

• tariq raheem
    Jul 22, 2016 - 5:07PM

I sent my nic no but no reply.after sending nic no of my father i got reply and i found one unknown person i replied with 1.i got call from nadra but due to some reasion the call droped.After that i sent same nic no and got same reply but by sending 1 i still didnt get a call from nadra side even after a week.Recommend

• Ghani Usman
    Aug 1, 2016 - 10:25PM

I sent my nic but still didnt replyRecommend

• Aug 3, 2016 - 9:02AM

I m trying to send sms but it is going fails i tried towice its failedRecommend

• shahid hameed
    Aug 3, 2016 - 6:23PM

good service for the security of Pakistani identity. unfortunately some corrupt Pakistani Politicians help foreigners to obtained Pakistani identity for the increased of their vote bank.according to ex CJ Peshawer HC Dost Mohammad Khan 40% Afghan Acquired Pakistani CNICs illegally. Ch. Nsar is working hard on the issue of illegal CNICs but his political friends are silent on issue or they are defending illegal CNICs holder foreigners for the increased of their vote bank. Ch. Nisar please bring politicians and political parties on board against the issue of illegal CNICs. all political parties should have same and one voice against the issue of illegal CNICs which is now invisible.Recommend

• tayyab
    Aug 10, 2016 - 4:07PM

I have sent my cnic to 8008
    But gave not received the reply yet
    What should i do????
    Plz any body knowRecommend

• tariq rasheed siddiqi
    Aug 12, 2016 - 5:52PM

I have send my CNIC to 8008 but no response from nadra . what should I do now for verification of family tree and CNIC . can any help for the matter , plz reply Recommend

• MURAD ALI
    Aug 30, 2016 - 6:09PM

GREAT Recommend

• muhammad bashir
    Nov 2, 2016 - 1:32PM

I have send my N I C to 8008 verification of family tree and C N I C . can any help for the matter , plz reply but no response from Nadra . what should I do now Recommend