Venomous: Boy hospitalised after snake bite

The victim’s family and locals said that the local hospital was short of anti-venom vaccines.


Our Correspondent April 14, 2016

KALAR SYEDAN:


A five-year-old boy was hospitalised after he was bitten by a snake in village Qasim Abad in Kalar Syedan on Thursday.


According to health officials, Safiullah, a fifth grader, and a resident of Rawalpindi, was attending the wedding of one of his relatives, when a snake slithered down a tree and bit him.


The victim was shifted to the tehsil headquarters hospital Kalar Syedan, where he was given first aid before he was shifted to Benazir Bhutto Hospital in Rawalpindi.


The victim’s family and locals said that the local hospital was short of anti-venom vaccines.

Published in The Express Tribune, April 15th, 2016.

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ

E-Publications

Most Read