Aisam's love match!
It seems that golden boy Aisam-ul-Haq Qureshi will be married to more than just tennis soon.
It seems that golden boy Aisam-ul-Haq Qureshi will be married to more than just tennis soon. The 31-year-old athlete, peacemaker and teen-girls’ pin-up of choice has reportedly cemented a rishta with long-time love, Faha Akmal Makhdum, a British-Pakistani native of Suffolk.
Haq and Makhdum will be officially engaged next week and reports indicate that no fans are invited (no, that wasn’t a wind storm, it was a collection of sighs).
The betrothal announcement caused a viral explosion hailing from the blogosphere and torpedoing its way to the twittersphere, to the simultaneous clickety-clicks of text messagers and facebookers across Pakistan and even India. Although most people wish Aisfaha well, there are many broken hearts (average age: 18) seeking solace in a couple of scoops at The Hot Spot.
Bhabiii ;) - Athar Ahmed, a fan of the Aisam & Rohan page
Naiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii - Asia Batool, a fan of the Aisam-ul-Haq Qureshi (official) page
@nooransarii: Aisam ul Haq getting engaged?? Wtf!? Oh well I'm taken too so its ok I guess.. :(
@mahobili: I wonder what it would have felt like if I were Aisam's fiancée? Or wasim akram's wife? Or imran khan's girl friend?
@sanakazmi: ay hai. RT @kalsoom82 Aisam Qureshi getting hitched! I can just hear the collective female disappointment
@SundusRasheed: bad news everyone - aisam-ul-haq is getting married.....
@yumnna: Aisam-ul-Haq getting married. As long as he is not getting married to Bopanna.
The soon-to-be First Lady of Pakistani Tennis has impressive educational credentials, which will help her carve a place above the typical Wife and Girlfriend (WAG) spendthrift-hottie category. A career of her own ensures that she does not simply bask in her husband’s glory or sulk in his shadow, like many current WAGs in the worlds of football, basketball and cricket.
WAGs who are equally or more famous than their athlete hubbies/boyfriends, and not worthy of this derogatory title, include the following:
1. Gisele Bundchen (married to US American-football player Tom Brady)
2. Victoria Beckham (married to British footballer David Beckham)
3. Sania Mirza (married to Pakistani cricketer Shoaib Malik)
4. Steffi Graf (married to American tennis player Andre Agassi)
5. Hilary Duff (married to Canadian hockey player Mike Comrie)
6. Khloe Kardashian (married to American basketball player Lamar Odom)
7. Kim Kardashian (engaged to American basketball player Kris Humphries)
8. Elizabeth Hurley (current girlfriend of Australian cricketer Shane Warne)
9. Irina Shayk (current girlfriend of Portuguese footballer Cristiano Ronaldo)
10. Jemima Goldsmith (was married to Pakistani cricketer Imran Khan)
11. Reena Roy (was married to Pakistani cricketer Mohsin Khan)
12. Sangeeta Bijlani (was married to Indian cricketer Mohammad Azharuddin)
13. Sushmita Sen (romantically linked to cricketer Wasim Akram)