13 worrying facts about Pakistan and terrorism
1. Abbottabad is a military town that is home to three Pakistan Army regiments and thousands of military personnel and that is dotted with military buildings. The land mostly is owned by the Pakistan Army and retired army officers.
2. The house Osama lived in was 800 yards from the gate of the Kakul Military Academy, an army run institution where top officers train. The compound, which is worth $1 million, was surrounded by 12 to 18 feet high walls topped with barbed wire.
3. The map of the regions shows sections of nearby land marked as “restricted area,” indicating that it was under military control.
4. The compound is eight times larger than any other building in the area making it very high profile. The security detail and gunners on the roof should have raised red flags.
5. According to Gulf News, the compound where Bin Laden was killed was once used as a safe house by the Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI).
6. According to Wikileaks, "American diplomats were told that one of the key reasons why they had failed to find Bin Laden was that Pakistan’s security services tipped (him) off whenever US troops approached."
7. The United States (US) has given $10 billion to Pakistan to assist in the War on Terror.
8. Pakistan claims to be the leading player in the War on Terror but at the time it has not declared al Qaeda a terrorist organization yet.
9. Some high profile criminals/terrorists residing and/or allegedly spotted in Pakistan:
- Maulana Masood Azhar
- Hafiz Saeed
- Akram Lahori
- Tiger Memon
- Dawood Ibrahim
- Quetta Shura
- Illyas Kashmiri
10. As social activist Syed Ali Abbas Zaidi puts it:
"The compound in which Osama Bin Laden was staying was built in 2005, how many times Kayani, Pasha Gillani came within 01 km visiting PMA."
Pakistan has the sixth largest army in the world. Its annual military budget is approximately $10 billion and yet it claims that it failed to identify the compound (highly restricted area) hosting the most wanted fugitive.
11. Terrorism cost Pakistan more than $43 billion between 2001 and 2010 and 35,000 Pakistanis lives.
12. While the whole world (including the Zionists, Hilary Clinton, Tajikistan and me) claimed that Osama was in Pakistan, conspiracy theorists like Hamid Gul, jingoistic Zaid Hamid, the unbearable Mehar Bokhari etcetera, dismissed the allegations as propaganda against Islam.
13. Pakistan's foreign debt is estimated to be $55 billion and it is expected to pay nearly $3 billion in repayments this year to avoid default. At this time, Pakistan's father (China) and grandfather (Saudia Arabia) have abruptly refused to grant any loans. In this predicament, America is once again leading the campaign to accumulate aid for Pakistan by influencing nations such as Japan and France.
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ