Forget love, I’d rather fall in chocolate!
Who cares how many calories it has? With a chocolate bar in my hands, I’m invincible.
Chocolate – the mere mention of this word sends shivers down my spine. You cannot even begin to imagine the lengths people go to, to get their favourite high.
If you dig through history books, I’m sure you’ll come across at least a dozen wars that were fought for the love of chocolate – if this is not the case, then all historians are big-fat liars. People idolise TV stars and scientists, but I personally am a huge fan of Willy Wonka – heck, I’d even settle for one of the Oompa Loompas (don’t care if they are real or not – even Santa’s got fans, for crying out loud).
Being a newlywed, you’d picture me thinking about my beloved all day long. This holds true for most of the time I spend away from her, but when I crave chocolate, I only fantasise about holding one in my hands and square-dancing with one, then taking the wrapper off slowly, enjoying every little tearing sound, and then biting into it like there’s no tomorrow. Who cares how many calories it has? And oh, the things I’d do to a chocolate bar on the Titanic – you’d forget all about the infamous Jack-and-Rose move on the bow with their hands spread on either side, pretending to fly. With a chocolate bar in my hands waiting to be unwrapped, I’m invincible. A great man once said to the love of his life, “Everything I do, I do it for you” – I’d say the same to a chocolate bar (“I’d fight for you, I’d lie for you, walk the wire for you, Ooh! I'd die for you…”).
I’m sure by now you are all vouching for my insanity; fortunately for me, I’m not the only one. What follow, are a few exceptional quotations by chocolate lovers around the globe:
- Stress wouldn’t be so hard to take if it were chocolate-coated
- Chocolate is the answer, who cares what the question is?
- Chocolate is cheaper than therapy, and you don’t even need an appointment!
- I’m a person of many moods and they all require chocolate
- There is no chocoholics anonymous because no one wants to quit
- Money talks but chocolate sings
- Equal parts of dark chocolate and white chocolate make a balanced diet
- I never met a chocolate I didn’t like; wish I could say the same for all the girls in my life
- Forget love, I’d rather fall in chocolate
If these don’t get your juices flowing, nothing will. So go grab a bar (or pack) of your favourite chocolate because what follows, is an irresistible recipe for a rich Mocha Java cake.
|The perfect Mocha Java cake
Ingredients for sponge cake
Ingredients for Java (coffee) mousse
Ingredients for mocha (chocolate) mousse
Ingredients for hot fudge